We love a good food festival. And when you add in a Grand Slam tennis match, well then, we think that might just be a match made in culinary heaven. As the official uniform sponsor of the Citi Taste of Tennis event in New York City, we thought it’d be fun to tap a few of the headlining chefs for their recommendations on living the tasty life while in The Big Apple. Keep scrolling to check out legendary chef Jonathan Waxman’s NYC travel guide, and make sure to nab your tickets for Citi Taste of Tennis, happening August 24th!
1. Favorite neighborhood to stay and why?
Upper West Side.
2. New restaurant/bar you’re most excited to check out when back in NYC?
Oh, I’d say it’s a tie between Chez Ma Tante, Loring Place, & Nur
3. Order a five-course meal from five different restaurants in NYC. Go!
I would order the chef’s specials from each of these restaurants: Upland, Estela, Cookshop, Little Owl, & Red Cat
4. Favorite coffee house to refuel after a long night?
My house J
5. What are you looking most forward to at Citi Taste of Tennis?
Rubbing shoulders with the players!